On February 16, 2013 I stayed at the Clarion Hotel, 900 East Dublin Granville Rd., Columbus, Ohio in room #432. After being in the room for about an hour I found a bed bug crawling across the bed. I have been licensed by the Kentucky Department of Agriculture for the past few years in pest-control, I work in property management and have seen several cases of bed bugs. This was a Bed Bug which had not had a "blood meal" as of yet, meaning it was recently hatched. My wife had her cosmetics in a zip lock bag to I put it in the bag. I immediately packed all our belongings and set them outside the room and brought the bug to the front desk. I was ignored for what seemed like eternity, so I spoke out loud, "I found a bed bug in my room and would like another room." (while holding the bagged bed bug up for the person ignoring me behind the front desk). She was then very kind and helpful and assigned me another room. Several other guests wanted to see what a bed bug looked like and came up to me and asked see it.
I was assigned a new room #332 a non-smoking room which smelled like cigarette smoke and had cigarette burn holes in the sheets and flimsy mattresses. Compared to the very nice suite I was in it seemed like a downgrade for me. A much worse room than what I was in. The indoor swimming pool was ICE cold, I got stuck in the elevator in the morning as I was trying to check out, the doors would not open on the 1st floor so we had to go to the 2nd floor and walk down with all our belongings. After all this I thought it would be good to report the bed bug incident to the morning manager. When I mentioned it to him, he said, "You didn't need to make a scene last night!" This guy was not even there. I told him I didn't make a scene but, I was being ignored and spoke up. He must have had me confused with someone else in the hotel but, he said, “Someone with a church group should not act that way”. First of all, I was not there representing a church nor did I mention I was going to a church, I was there for my daughter's wedding. So we had a few words and he kept accusing me of “NOT ACTING PROPERLY”. I felt an apology was in order instead of a lecture on how I should conduct myself, which he had no first-hand knowledge of to begin with. My encounter with the lady in the evening was handled VERY well.
I’m not asking for ANYTHING other than a proper apology.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "We are currently staying in the Mountainloft resort here in Gatlinburg. It is gross, and the front desk clerks have horrible customer service. I came down here with my mom..."
- "On 10/11/14, my husband I purchased tickets for Universal Studios from Bluegreen during our third stay at The Fountains resort in Orlando, our fifth stay with Bluegreen. On 10/12/14, we..."
- "Lets see we booked online for this hotel for 12-31-16. When we arrived they had stated that they were over booked and that they would have to find us a..."
- "...I took him to a petsmart so I didn't expect anything great, however I got home and noticed blood on his ear this lady cut part of his ear!..."
- "POSHMARK ALLOWS THE SELLING OF COUNTERFEIT MICHAEL KORS HANDBAGS! COUNTERFEITS ARE ILLEGAL TO BUY AND TO SELL! I WAS WARNED BY POSHMARK BECAUSE I WAS LETTING BUYERS KNOW WHICH BAGS..."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."