On February 16, 2013 I stayed at the Clarion Hotel, 900 East Dublin Granville Rd., Columbus, Ohio in room #432. After being in the room for about an hour I found a bed bug crawling across the bed. I have been licensed by the Kentucky Department of Agriculture for the past few years in pest-control, I work in property management and have seen several cases of bed bugs. This was a Bed Bug which had not had a "blood meal" as of yet, meaning it was recently hatched. My wife had her cosmetics in a zip lock bag to I put it in the bag. I immediately packed all our belongings and set them outside the room and brought the bug to the front desk. I was ignored for what seemed like eternity, so I spoke out loud, "I found a bed bug in my room and would like another room." (while holding the bagged bed bug up for the person ignoring me behind the front desk). She was then very kind and helpful and assigned me another room. Several other guests wanted to see what a bed bug looked like and came up to me and asked see it.
I was assigned a new room #332 a non-smoking room which smelled like cigarette smoke and had cigarette burn holes in the sheets and flimsy mattresses. Compared to the very nice suite I was in it seemed like a downgrade for me. A much worse room than what I was in. The indoor swimming pool was ICE cold, I got stuck in the elevator in the morning as I was trying to check out, the doors would not open on the 1st floor so we had to go to the 2nd floor and walk down with all our belongings. After all this I thought it would be good to report the bed bug incident to the morning manager. When I mentioned it to him, he said, "You didn't need to make a scene last night!" This guy was not even there. I told him I didn't make a scene but, I was being ignored and spoke up. He must have had me confused with someone else in the hotel but, he said, “Someone with a church group should not act that way”. First of all, I was not there representing a church nor did I mention I was going to a church, I was there for my daughter's wedding. So we had a few words and he kept accusing me of “NOT ACTING PROPERLY”. I felt an apology was in order instead of a lecture on how I should conduct myself, which he had no first-hand knowledge of to begin with. My encounter with the lady in the evening was handled VERY well.
I’m not asking for ANYTHING other than a proper apology.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "While visiting Cozumel the week before Christmas with our family, we were approached on multiple occasions by a man named Pedro. Literally to the point we actually believed he was..."
- "We are currently staying in the Mountainloft resort here in Gatlinburg. It is gross, and the front desk clerks have horrible customer service. I came down here with my mom..."
- "TLC sold me and my girl a 20,000 point platinum membership membership. the salesman told us that we could get countless vacations for $249 dollars and use our points to..."
- "Disappointing service by Dynamite CLothing I placed an online order for 2 dresses on Nov 28,2016 and selected "2 day delivery" by paying $20 extra. Items were shipped on Nov..."
- "I purchased an UP3 and about 3 months later, the band is already breaking. I emailed Jawbone support about the issue and wanted to understand why it would break so..."
- "My father was kind enough to give me a H&D fruit of the month gift, a pricey thing for 12 mos. I live where there is no home delivery of..."